Join me...

Join me...as I stumble through parenthood, as naturally as I can.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Hello, my name is Ann, and I'm addicted to cloth diapering.

I researched cloth diapers when I was pregnant...but quickly got completely overwhelmed by all of the choices.  I was also quickly overwhelmed by the price tag.  $18.00 for one diaper?  Are you kidding me?!  Math has never been one of my strengths, so I assumed this meant cloth diapering was way too expensive for us.  I put it on my incredibly long list of "things to research" and there it sat.  The fact that I didn't get to 90% of the things on this list while on bedrest for THREE MONTHS is a small bit pathetic, but let's not focus on that.

Being my impulsive self, I text messaged Charlie (who was at work) after my first time hauling out a bag full of balled up diapers from our Diaper Dekor Plus.  The text went a little something like "I have decided we should cloth diaper."  His response?  "umm....why?!"  Me...."it's just something I've decided we should do."  At this point, I didn't have a lot of super great reasons to do it.  That night I bought my first 10 Bumgenius 3.0 one-size diapers off of ebay.  Woohoo!  We are officially doing this.  A couple bags of Rockin' Green detergent later and it's GO TIME! 

Three months later, my cloth diapering addiction is in full-swing.  I couldn't be happier with our choice to transition from disposables, and am proud to say we haven't purchased any disposables since we switched (note that we do have some leftover for emergencies).  I have tried a variety of brands, and in a later blog will be reviewing them!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for bringing me into the world of cloth dipes!

    ReplyDelete