For our bathroom, we mixed lemon essential oil and water in a small, stainless steel spray bottle. Works great! .
Today, I simmered orange peels and cinnamon on the stove. The smell seems to have gotten into every room in the house. Yay!
Other ideas for natural air fresheners:
- Instead of throwing away stale juices, simmer them on the stove
- Simmer fresh pine needles
- Mix any essential oil and water. Keep in small bowls around the house or spray from a bottle
- Simmer other citrus peels, experiment with different combinations
- Use a diffuser with essential oils
- Boil cinnamon sticks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a small piece of tinfoil, turn up the edges and pour a teaspoon of vanilla on top and place the foil in the oven. Turn off oven and prop the door open a bit.