Join me...

Join me...as I stumble through parenthood, as naturally as I can.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Air Fresheners

I love having a good smelling house, and am slightly obsessed with candles, sprays, and other yummy smelling air fresheners.  Unfortunately, these are loaded with yucky chemicals that I would prefer not to have in the house! 

For our bathroom, we mixed lemon essential oil and water in a small, stainless steel spray bottle.  Works great! .

Today, I simmered orange peels and cinnamon on the stove.  The smell seems to have gotten into every room in the house.  Yay! 


Other ideas for natural air fresheners:
  • Instead of throwing away stale juices, simmer them on the stove
  • Simmer fresh pine needles
  • Mix any essential oil and water.  Keep in small bowls around the house or spray from a bottle
  • Simmer other citrus peels, experiment with different combinations
  • Use a diffuser with essential oils
  • Boil cinnamon sticks
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a small piece of tinfoil, turn up the edges and pour a teaspoon of vanilla on top and place the foil in the oven. Turn off oven and prop the door open a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment